Thursday, April 11, 2013

Project Life - Week 12


Welcome to Project Life 2013! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to 1 year old Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins who has put together a wonderful kit to make this challenge easier.

I am using the digital kit on shutterfly (hopefully Olive once it has been released), find more info at http://www.beckyhiggins.com/blog. This digital version uses Shutterfly and is SUPER easy to use! See my completed pages for 2012 using the Shutterfly Cobalt kit HERE.


And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week):






Tuesday - I managed to get all of the herbs planted today. We had to many for our single herb pot, so we used an entire plant stand for the rest of the herbs. Our backyard is definitely starting to come together!



Wednesday - Our first Iris bloomed today. We planted these months ago and they've been steadily growing in our rock garden. I can't wait until they are all blooming!




Thursday - Juan and I caught some sort of stomach virus this week so we haven't done much except lay around; but we noticed the Zinnia's and Snap Dragons were starting to die so we decided to at least get those planted in the front yard. Maddie was ready to jump in and help. Daddy also finished her sandbox today and they both had fun drawing letters in the sand.





Friday - Today is Juan and I's four year wedding anniversary. This year is the year of Fruit and Flowers. Since we are broke and we just planted all those flowers, we decided that would be our gift to each other this year. We actually planted both a Raspberry bush and a Blackberry bush in the backyard, so technically we have the "fruit" covered. This afternoon Juan got out his pressure toy and Maddie had a blast with it. She was so interested in everything it could do! Happy Anniversary my LOVE!




Saturday - Today Daddy went to a movie and Maddie and Mama built a blanket fort. Maddie was very impressed and thought her little "house" was very fun!



Sunday - This morning Maddie brought Monkey Monkey and Mr. Elefant into our bed to show me their diapers. Juan put diapers on them yesterday to show Maddie that she didn't need to scream when he changed her diaper. She was very proud and wanted me to see them.



Sunday - This morning Maddie brought Monkey Monkey and Mr. Elefant into our bed to show me their diapers. Juan put diapers on them yesterday to show Maddie that she didn't need to scream when he changed her diaper. She was very proud and wanted me to see them. Maddie with her hammer in her overalls, running through the house at full speed. Juan says that Maddie is now saying "Tank u" (thank-you) I have not heard her but Juan says that she says it sometimes randomly after he gives her something. She will not say it if you ask her to.




Monday - Maddie's lower left molar is in. She now climbs her step stool and "brushes" her own teeth (which usually involves her chewing on the brush and sucking on the bristles). She is excited every night to "brush-a-brush" so that is good. 


Thanks for visiting!

No comments: