Sunday, March 24, 2013

Project Life - Week 9


Welcome to Project Life 2013! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to 1 year old Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins who has put together a wonderful kit to make this challenge easier.

I am using the digital kit on shutterfly (hopefully Olive once it has been released), find more info at http://www.beckyhiggins.com/blog. This digital version uses Shutterfly and is SUPER easy to use! See my completed pages for 2012 using the Shutterfly Cobalt kit HERE.


And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week):



Tuesday - I hosted a girls' night dinner this evening for a sad occasion.  Our friend, Janet, was induced on Valentine's Day with her 3rd child, a sweet little girl. It was heartbreaking to learn that Skylar Josephine was born with the cord wrapped around her neck and has gone to heaven. Tonight was a time to get together with Janet, give her our support, and a little token to remember her by (an engraved necklace). It was great for all of us to spend time together, but disappointing that it was for such a sad reason.




Wednesday - Such a full day today. Maddie helped Abuelita mop the floor, then she helped "fix" things around the house with her new toolbox which included hammering all the walls. Finally, we closed on the sale of Chimneysweep! What a relief. We are very thankful for David Hardt and the Hardt Group with Ebby Halliday. We came away with $5641.21-$275.00 for the electrical work that we had to have completed. That totaled $5366.21 although we owed Mom $5,500.00 from when we renovated it so we ended up $-133.79, but I am actually completely fine with that as two mortgages with one income has definitely been a strain!


Thursday - Time for my eye exam and new contacts as it has been about 3 years! Not real happy with my eye doctor as he ordered me contacts, then we switched them due to fit and I had to pay $75 on top of the contact exam, on top of the contacts! A little bit ridiculous.


 Friday - My very first scrapping weekend away without Maddie since she was born! I met Angie and Shannon at the Scrappin' Pad in Kaw City, Oklahoma - about a 5-1/2 hour drive to celebrate Angie's birthday. It is the first we've seen each other since last year, so we did our annual Christmas panty exchange. It was so great to see them both!



Saturday - For Christmas, Shannon gave us both blingy hats, earrings and fancy scarves. How cute are we three? Here is the scrapping room with all our junk about. We had a fabulous weekend together!



Sunday - Aunt Shanny gave Maddie a super cute outfit and this adorable blow-up ball house. The minute I arrived home this evening and got it out for her she was in heaven. She absolutely loves it and thinks the little holes to peak out of are great! Thanks Aunt Shanny!



Monday - I was thrilled to learn that one of my scrapbook layouts completed this past weekend at the crop was selected as the "Inspiration of the Week" over at the Let's Scrap blog. Also, Maddie and I spent the afternoon playing "stickers" and eating Go-Gurt!

Maddie has figured out how to crawl under her bed and what a fabulous fort/hiding place it is. Here is the Video

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: