Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Project Life - Week 7


Welcome to Project Life 2013! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to 1 year old Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins who has put together a wonderful kit to make this challenge easier.

I am using the digital kit on shutterfly (hopefully Olive once it has been released), find more info at http://www.beckyhiggins.com/blog. This digital version uses Shutterfly and is SUPER easy to use! See my completed pages for 2012 using the Shutterfly Cobalt kit HERE.


And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week):




Tuesday - Maddie figured out how to put on Mr. Potato Head's glasses today. She is such a crazy little thing.


Thursday - Valentine's Day is today. We are very tight on money right now with him still out of a job and trying to pay two mortgages. Juan and I got each other cards and Juan surprised me with cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. It was a sweet little surprise. We tried to let Maddie have a taste, but she wanted no part of it, instead preferring strawberries. My White Chocolate Raspberry cheesecake was delicious!


Friday - Now that Juan is without a job again, this is my morning sight, his accord in lieu of my new CRV. Oh well, I guess that's just part of life. He was very sweet this morning. It was cold, there was even ice on the windshield. He got up early to go study and took the Accord to fill it with gas for me and scrape the windows so I wouldn't have to. He really is sweet to me on a daily basis.








Saturday - Another busy day. I made muffins for breakfast, Maddie was quick to help put the muffin wrappers in the muffin pan and then take off running with the entire pan! I also let her paint for the first time. She loved it, but was more interested in opening and closing the paints and putting her fingers in them. I think we should have tried finger painting first. She also spent quite a bit of time putting the window stickers on the windows and playing "bang, bang" with the spoons and bowls I gave her. She is definitely a non-stop little tornado right now, but soooo cute! Maddie is officially a little parrot. She mimics EVERYTHING we say, "Boon" for balloon, cold, hot, blow, "p" for penguin, Mia, dog, car, soooo many more.




Sunday - Daddy took Maddie to Central Market this morning to get spinach for her breakfast. She came home with a "Boon" - balloon and was quite excited to show me. We took her to church again this morning. Maddie screamed uncontrollably and forcefully held onto my shirt this morning when we dropped her off. Thankfully, Ms. Gerrie said that she only cried for about a minute and then played the entire time. She was not crying when we picked her up, but she came running and teared up the moment she saw us. She did say bye-bye to Ms Gerrie and to her little friend in her class. I am hoping she will eventually adjust.




Monday - I am still hanging in there on the Colorful Creations (So You Think You Can Scrap) Challenge. It started the first week in January and we are now on week 7. The layout I completed this week for the first page of Maddie's 1st album was selected as a "Featured Photo", pretty cool! Tonight when I gave Maddie a bath, she ran over to her potty training toilet saying, "poop, poop". My mother-in-law opened it up and put it in her bathroom a couple of weeks ago, but we haven't started trying to potty train her yet.  I was a bit surprised when she ran over to it, so we quickly stripped her down and sat her on the chair.  After a couple of minutes she got up. I started running her bath and she was alternating between sitting on the potty and getting up. I finally turned around to put her in the bath and realized that she had at some point pee'd all over the floor. So I guess she really did need to go. Looks like maybe we should start potty training her.


Thanks for visiting this week!

1 comment:

FiKenward said...

Congrats on being featured.