Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Project Life - Week 2


Welcome to Project Life 2013! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to 1 year old Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins who has put together a wonderful kit to make this challenge easier.

I am using the digital kit on shutterfly (hopefully Olive once it has been released), find more info at http://www.beckyhiggins.com/blog. This digital version uses Shutterfly and is SUPER easy to use! See my completed pages for 2012 using the Shutterfly Cobalt kit HERE.

Each Tuesday/Wednesday, I will post my pictures/journaling from the previous week. Project Life Tuesday was created by Jessica Turner over at The Mom Creative and she is hosting a linky for readers to link up their pictures. So if you want to join in or want to see others POTW, just click the button at the bottom of this post.


And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week):



Tuesday - Part of Maddie's night-night routine includes brushing her teeth. We are in the early stages of learning, but she is catching on very quickly and brushes "back and forth". She only has 8 teeth right now, but we are trying to teach her the importance of brushing early. Tonight during Maddie's bath, she didn't want me to use the shower hand held to rinse her hair. I used the pitcher and she said, "no, no, no". This is the first time she has been adamant that she didn't want to rinse her hair. Looks like baths may no longer be such a fun experience. She is learning to voice her opinion.


Wednesday - Peak-A-Boo! This is becoming a common site at the end of my scrapping table. Maddie often pops up like a Jack-N-the-Box to play Peak-A-Boo. She also loves this game over the back of the couch.


Thursday - Maddie has not quite figured out how to open doors, although she is very close; but she does manage to find you if you need a bathroom break!


Friday - Nana brought Maddie some new clothes this past weekend. Today Daddy showed her how to use them as hats. Maddie thought it was just great! Today was the first nice day in weeks so I took Maddie out front and let her walk up and down the sidewalk. At one point I said, "Let's walk back toward our house." to which she replied, "house, house, house" over and over.




Saturday - Nana joined us to take Maddie to the new Perot Museum, but it was sold out so we headed to the Aquarium instead. Maddie LOVED running free. She was at a constant run for 2 hours straight. She was mesmerized by everything. The owls were her favorite. She pointed and kept saying "whoo whoo". The jaguar moved while she was at the glass and scared her...she patted her heart over and over. Then when we walked away she waved to it and said, "Bye-bye". She was too cute and exhausted by the time we were done. Maddie is repeating so much: She can say the letter, O (O is her favorite letter), T, I, and repeat any words we say: TV, bub (for bubble guppies app on the Ipad), mon (for monkey), mov (for movie), turt (for turtle), brrrrr co (for cold), one, two, pi (pig), ber (beer), and many more.


Sunday - I made dinner tonight, salmon! I've never made fish before and I was worried. I found a recipe on pintrest that looked easy so I gave it a try. Layer tin foil, lemon, salmon, and pats of butter and then wrap the foil tightly. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. It was QUITE delicious, Maddie loved it. The only problem, Juan bought a large enough filet to serve 8!





Monday - I heard a lot of squaking in the front yard and investigated. There was about 15,000 birds in the green space across from our house. There were even birds in our trees and about 20 walking around on our grass. It was quite a sight, birds of every color. There were only there minutes and then the entire swarm flew off simultaneously. Quite a sight!


The Mom Creative

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: