Sunday, January 13, 2013

Project Life - Week 1


Welcome to Project Life 2013! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to 1 year old Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins who has put together a wonderful kit to make this challenge easier.

I am using the digital kit on shutterfly (hopefully olive once it has been released), find more info at http://www.beckyhiggins.com/blog. This digital version uses Shutterfly and is SUPER easy to use! See my completed pages for 2012 using the Shutterfly Cobalt kit HERE.

Each Monday/Tuesday, I will post my pictures/journaling from the previous week. Project Life Tuesday was created by Jessica Turner over at The Mom Creative and she is hosting a linky for readers to link up their pictures. So if you want to join in or want to see others POTW, just click the buttons at the bottom of this post.


First, I finally uploaded vidoes of Maddie last night on New Year's Eve. She loved the blow horns but didn't really care for the poppers. See the videos HERE, HERE, and HERE.

And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week):




Tuesday - Maddie has become a pro at climbing our stairs, she even tries to climb them one foot per stair while holding the rail, but she can't quite reach the rail yet. I, on the other hand, have apparently forgot the simple task of climbing stairs and fell down them tonight. It was quite a fiasco as a seriously bruised my tailbone and could not even walk the rest of the week. Also, the past couple of weeks, Maddie has figured out where the snacks are kept, in the refrigerator. She goes to the refrigerator door and starts wailing and trying to pull on the door to tell us she wants a snack (fruit, go-gurts, water, etc.).




Wednesday - Maddie absolutely LOVES books! She loves the seek and find type where we ask her to find an object and she points to it. Maddie has become a little chatter box. Tonight when I put her to sleep and was walking out the door I said, "Night, night Maddie; Momma loves you." and she replied, "Night".




Thursday - Maddie loves Go-gurts as an afternoon snack. Within the past couple of weeks, Maddie has figured out where the snacks are kept, in the refrigerator. She goes to the refrigerator door and starts wailing and trying to pull on the door to tell us she wants a snack (fruit, go-gurts, water, etc.) Each night at dinner time we move her high chair into the dining room so she can eat with us at the table. Usually we put her in it first and give her a train ride saying "choo, choo". Tonight, I was late getting dinner on the table and Maddie was obviously hungry as she went over to the high chair and started pushing it into the dining room herself saying, "choo choo". I think she was telling us she was ready to eat!




Friday - Maddie is definitely a little soccer protege'. She can dribble the ball all around the house already, usually hollering, "gol". Check out the adorable video HERE. Tonight while we were in Maddie's playroom she wanted me to read her Baby Bear Bible. She loves the last page with Jesus and all of the children. When we got to that page, I started singing, "Jesus loves the little children." She was enthralled and wanted me to sing it over and over. Then tonight at bedtime, she grabbed that book and when I got to the last page and was reading she scruntched up her little nose and said, "sig, sig, sig." I realized she was saying sing. I started singing, "Jesus loves the little children" and that was the end of reading other books. She just wanted me to continue to sing that song over and over. Looks like I'll be doing more singing than reading at night-night time in the future.





Saturday - The green belt across from our house isn't so green right now. Today was GORGEOUS, and Maddie was itching to be outside, so Juan took her across the street to the green belt. Maddie is definitely going to be a tomboy as the first thing she did was find a stick to carry around. I love the picture of their shadows together. This afternoon Maddie grabbed my ear and said "Errrr". I thought she was trying to grab my earring, until I realized that I wasn't wearing earrings and that she had grabbed both my ears simultaneously.  She was saying "ear". I then asked her where my teeth, nose, tongue, eyes, and hair was and she found them all.  She is also saying "eye". She is such a smart little thing!




Sunday - I'm not sure where she heard it, but lately every time Maddie drops something or spills something she says, "oooooohhhhhh noooooo". Obviously it is a major catastrophe in her eyes. She loves playing legos with Daddy and I have posted the video of it HERE.



Monday - Maddie is a whiz at the IPad and constantly wants to play with it. We are really trying to limit her use of "screen time" to a total of one hour a day (this includes TV time). Regardless, she is amazing on it. She loves the "Bubble Guppie School Day" app and can play the entire thing alone without help. She also loves "Elmo's ABc's" and can almost trace the letters alone. She can even pick out all of the animals correctly on the "Preschool Farm animals" app. She is also getting better at her hand-eye coordination on her batteries not included toys. She can stack 5 wooden blocks on top of one another, and can put all of her shapes in the shape sorter if we show her where each shape goes. She is getting better at her wooden puzzles, but often struggles with aligning the pieces perfectly. 


Thanks for visiting this week!

The Mom Creative

No comments: