Sunday, December 16, 2012

Project Life - Week 49

Welcome to Project Life 2012! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to new baby Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins who has put together a wonderful kit to make this challenge easier.


I am using the digital Cobalt kit, find it at http://www.beckyhiggins.com/blog/2011/10/new-product-has-arrived/ This digital version uses Shutterfly and is SUPER easy to use! See my completed pages for 2012 at http://scraplifterdesigns.blogspot.com/p/project-life-layouts.html

And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week):





Sunday - We got a lot accomplished today. We finished all of our holiday shopping, got the tree decorated and the rest of the exterior lights up.  We went bare basics on the tree this year due to the little monkey. Within an hour of decorating the bottom half of the tree was bare. I have a feeling we are going to end up very top heavy by Christmas! All that's left is to buy presents for my hubby and get everything wrapped! Yeah!


Monday - I tried a new Pinterest recipe today, Quiche. It was super simple and quite delicious! This is definitely going to be made again soon. 
Recipe: Just use a pre-made roll-out pie crust, then whisk together about 5-7 eggs and 1-2 cups milk, and pour it into the pie crust. I add about 1-2 cups shredded cheese (my fav is a mexican blend), about 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, and 3-5 slices of crumbled bacon. Pop it into the oven at 350 degrees for 40-60 min, until a fork poked into the center comes out clean.




Tuesday - Maddie loves playing with Daddy. She loves to climb and will instantly climb up on you if you are laying on the floor. Maddie decided to let Daddy be her horsie. She very much loves her Daddy.

Wednesday - Maddie was helping me wrap Christmas presents today and decided she needed to try everything on. Silly girl.





Thursday - Today Juan turned 52! The only numbers that I had on hand was 53, so that had to make due. We got him a White Chocolate Rasberry Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory and his present was a new pair of Puma tennis shoes. He loved the shoes and Maddie loved her first taste of cheesecake. She ate almost an entire slice (small). She was also in a very kissy mood. Happy Birthday baby! 



Friday - We took Maddie to Santa's Village in Richardson. It was beyond packed, and the lines for every house were way too long for us to wait in; but the huge Christmas tree was lit beautifully and the kids had a BLAST running round and round it. My sister, Vanessa, even brought her daughter, Ashlyn. I've never seen so many kids running around a tree and having such a ball. Maddie had no fear of the big kids and jumped right in. This is a video of her and how much fun she was having.



Saturday - We took Maddie to see Santa today. Juan tried to take her to Santa at Northpark earlier this week and it was quite a disaster, so we decided to go low tech this year. We took her to see Santa at Niemen Marcus downtown and only had to wait for about 20 minutes on a Saturday at 11am. I'm not really happy with Santa's crazy shirt, but they really did try to get her to smile. She didn't smile, but she definitely wasn't scared and crying this year.

Thanks for visiting!






No comments: