Friday, October 12, 2012

Project Life - Week 40

Welcome to Project Life 2012! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to new baby Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins who has put together a wonderful kit to make this challenge easier.

I am using the digital Cobalt kit, find it at http://www.beckyhiggins.com/blog/2011/10/new-product-has-arrived/ This digital version uses Shutterfly and is SUPER easy to use! See my completed pages for 2012 at http://scraplifterdesigns.blogspot.com/p/project-life-layouts.html

And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week):


Sunday - The washer is still broken, so after church Maddie and I went to Nana's to do laundry. Maddie had fun with Nana. She just loves those peek-a-boo books!



Monday - Maddie trying on Daddy's hat.

Tuesday - Daddy loves to make Maddie laugh and Maddie loves to be tickled. I just love watching the two of them together and hearing her little baby laugh!







Wednesday - Today was a busy day. First I was published! Not for scrapping, but for an article I co-authored for an electrical engineering magazine on understanding diesel emission changes and how they relate to specifying generators. It took us months to write and get published, so it was quite an accomplishment with my co-author Danna Jensen!  Also today, Juan took Maddie to the Nasher Sculpture Garden. She liked the sculptures although she wanted to climb them, LOL! made macarroni and cheese for the first time tonight for Maddie. She has had M&C at restaurants, but never the Kraft kind from the box. We gave her chicken and veggies first and then the M&C. As I predicted, she inhaled it and would have ate as much as I put I on her plate. She ate an entire little baby bowl full. It was definitely a hit. Finally, I cut almost 600 circles for our ccrd Canstruction team tonight. I took about 4 hours even with my cricut!
 
 
Thursday - Maddie is about to outgrow her activities chair. Right now, she plays Peek-A-Boo  around it and under it more than she plays in it. She doesn't like to sit in it at all, but will sometimes play with it from the outside.
 
 
Friday -  Maddie loves technology including TV remotes, laptops, keyboards, mouse, cameras, etc. and the IPAD is no exception. Juan has been working with her on the memory game app and she is picking it up so quick. In the last couple of weeks she has learned to touch with one finger in lieu of her whole hand and she can conquer the 8 card memory game all by herself. She actually remebers where she sees the animals and can return to them. I was a bit shocked when I saw her play. I told Juan we need to get out the real card version and have her play, although she is still putting EVERYTHING in her mouth and eating.
Saturday - Maddie loves music and loves dancing. She was playing music on her little music stand-up toy and dancing as fast as her little body would bouce, too cute!

Thanks for visiting this week!



No comments: