Thursday, March 29, 2012

Project Life 2012 - Week 12

Welcome to Project Life 2012! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to new baby Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins who has put together a wonderful kit to make this challenge easier.



I am using the digital Cobalt kit, find it at http://www.beckyhiggins.com/blog/2011/10/new-product-has-arrived/ This digital version uses Shutterfly and is SUPER easy to use! See my completed pages for 2012 at http://scraplifterdesigns.blogspot.com/p/project-life-layouts.html


Each Monday/Tuesday, I will post my pictures/journaling from the previous week. Project Life Tuesday was created by Jessica Turner over at The Mom Creative and Project 366 Rewind is hosted by Sarah at Naptime Momtog and Gina at Chic Homeschool Mama. They both host a linky for readers to link up their pictures. So if you want to join in or want to see others POTW, just click the buttons at the bottom of this post.


And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week):






Sunday - I told Juan he had to put Maddie down for her naps today. This morning he put her down and she fell right asleep. This afternoon she cried for about 10 minutes and then finally fell asleep. She slept for about an hour both times. I am extremely nervous about how she will do with Maria tomorrow and whether or not Maria will give in. This afternoon we went to Kaitlyn's 3rd birthday party. She had a chocolate party and each child decorated their own bundt cake. Kaitlyn really enjoyed hers! Happy Birthday Kaitlyn! It was a lot of fun and Maddie enjoyed watching the children and was extra amused by Alice. This evening I started making the mounds of baby food. I only got though the peas, lima beans and broccoli. The peas didn't turn out at all. I bought fresh frozen ones and cooked them, but the skin didn't really blend up well so we were afraid Maddie might choke on it. I ended up throwing out all three batches. We did give Maddie a cracker for the first time today. We only had club crackers, but she loved them. She would have ate the whole box, but we only had a few. Looks like we need to buy some Saltines.






Monday - Today Maria put Maddie down for a nap at about 9am and she slept for an hour with no problems. Then she slept again for an hour at about 11am, with still no crying. Juan tried to put her down at lunch for anthother nap, but she would have none of that so they let her up and then Maria put her down again later and she only cried for about 10 minutes. I am so glad that she seems to be catching on. Today I gave Maddie lima beans for the first time. She made some very funny faces. I think the consistancy may have been too thick. She only ate about 1 oz and then refused any more.



 
Tuesday - It POURED all night long. Vanessa texted me at about 11pm last night that the roof was leaking. Great! I was awake most of the night stressed about it. Our inspection is Thursday morning and I am just sure they are going to demand we fix it....if they don't just back out completely. Maddie took naps again today well in the morning for an hour and then in the afternoon for only 30 minutes, so Maria made her stay in the crib and apparently she cried for an hour and then finally fell asleep at 2:30pm. I felt bad for her. I told her that as long as she takes at least two naps and sleeps at all, that is fine. She fed Maddie oatmeal for the first time today, but I think was too runny so she didn't eat it well. This afternoon I gave her broccoli for the first time. She really seemed to like that and eagerly opened her mouth for more. About 3/4 of the way through it she stopped eating it so I tried it and realized that it was completely cold. Poor thing had been eating it cold. I heated it up some more and then she ate the rest ok. I felt so bad. This evening she had difficulty going to bed again. She cried for 10 minutes or so and Juan finally went in and rubbed her back until she fell asleep. I guess it is going to take her awhile to figure it all out.





Wednesday - Maddie will wear her shades most of the time. I don't know if she's realized that she can take them off.  They seem to sort of freak her out when she is wearing them though. Maddie did better today with her naps. Maria said she took three naps, one for an hour, and (2) for 30 minutes. She did go to bed better tonight. We went to look at the leak and it was just the water heater flue needed to be sealed at the roof. Juan took care of it, but said the roof looked really bad. We went ahead and called the insurance agent.



Thursday - Today is our 3rd anniversary! I love you so MUCH! This is a terrible picture of both of us. Juan stayed home sick today and our planned night out turned into another night in. That's ok though. The third anniversary is leather. I wanted to get Juan a leather watch, but I couldn't seem to find one I thought he would like so I bought him a belt, a Puma watch, and a Puma shirt. He got me three cards, to make up for the lack of cards on my birthday, Valentine's day, etc. LOL! He also said he hadn't bought my present yet because he needed my help with it. He is buying me an IPAD. Maddie was pretty excited during all of the hoopla and managed to roll under the chair. I'm not sure how she even gets in these positions! I am SO very blessed! I thank God every day for all of my blessings!

Friday - Juan is sick. He stayed home from work today, although he ran a million errands. I don't think he understands the definition of "staying home sick". He is a terrible patient. I literally had to pour niquil down his gullet. I also gave Maddie brussel sprouts for the first time today. She seemed to like them ok, at least better than the lima beans. I did have to urge her to finish them. Maddie is getting to be a pro at sitting up unassisted. She especially likes sitting on her changing table and she has a new fondness for being naked!



Saturday - There was a death in the family of some Juan's parents old friends, so Maria had to go to the funeral today. Since Juan is still sick, I got to take care of both Maddie and Juan today. The bad news is I think I am now getting sick as well. Maddie has found her feet and loves to pull on her socks and the feet of her sleep N plays. Today's photo is of our taxes. I figured out taxes on Turbo Tax, as I do every year and for whatever reason it said we owed $2600. So we went to H&R block this evening, hoping I had done something wrong. Unfortunately, I did not. We made less money than last year and now have Maddie to deduct, but that didn't seem to help. They got it down to $2461 but then we had to pay them, so it was a wash. I guess we can't complain. If we weren't blessed with such great jobs, we wouldn't owe as much in taxes so we will happily pay our dues without complaint. Although I am going to look into having them take out extra for next year. We were going to take Maddie's 6 month photos this morning, but I was feeling so miserable that I cancelled it. I spent the day in bed and Juan spent the day with Maddie. I don't know if Maddie has learned a new trick or if it was because she is not feeling well, but she has started squeling at the top of her lungs. Sometimes laughing, most of the time irritated about something.



Thanks for visiting!













Naptime Momtog


The Mom Creative

No comments: