Monday, February 20, 2012

Project Life 2012 - Week 7





The Mom Creative


Naptime MomtogWelcome to Project Life 2012! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay awhile. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to new baby Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins who has put together a wonderful kit to make this challenge easier.

I am using the digital Cobalt kit, find it at http://www.beckyhiggins.com/blog/2011/10/new-product-has-arrived/ This digital version uses Shutterfly and is SUPER easy to use! See my completed pages for 2012 at http://scraplifterdesigns.blogspot.com/p/project-life-layouts.html

Each Monday/Tuesday, I will post my pictures/journaling from the previous week. Project Life Tuesday was created by Jessica Turner over at The Mom Creative and Project 366 Rewind is hosted by Sarah at Naptime Momtog and Gina at Chic Homeschool Mama. They both host a linky for readers to link up their pictures. So if you want to join in or want to see others POTW, just click the buttons at the top of this post.


And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week):



Sunday - Today was Mom's 60th birthday. Vanessa and I gathered 60 "memories" from all the people who have known her throughout her 60 years.  We put them into individual envelopes and tied them together with a ribbon.  To be honest, Vanessa did most of the work. Ashlyn and Maddie are starting to notice each other. I'm not sure if Ashlyn was more interest in Maddie or Tio Juan.
 
Monday - Miriam was finally well enough to come visit. A little late for Christmas presents, but it was still great to see her. She brought Maddie a Valentine's Day onsie and butterfly wings.
 
Tuesday - My Valentine! Maddie in her butterfly wings was my Valentine's Day present. I love this girl so much!
 
Wednesday - Maddie turned 5 months old today. Where has the time gone? She is almost bigger than her elephant. She is just the sweetest little thing.  She refuses to smile when the camera is out.
 
Thursday - I was a bit disappointed that Juan didn't even get me a card for Valentine's Day, so I told him. Today he went to Central Market and bought me a single Hydrangea and some creme soda (something I have been craving for the past few weeks). Very sweet of him.
 
Friday - I bought Angel wings for Maddie to have a Valentine's Day photo shoot, but they didn't get her in time so we had our photo shoot today, a little late. She was so content to just lay on her tummy and look around.  She LOVES being naked, so she was very cooperative.
 
Saturday - Maddie has spent a lot of time in her Jump-A-Roo, but there isn't a whole lot to learn on it, so we bought her a second one today.  This one is much smaller but has 12 different activities. The animals make sounds and it plays music when she completes one of the activities, i.e. turn the duckies or spin the horse. She was a little hesitant at first, but then she immediately figured out a couple of the activities and everytime she makes the music play she smiles a huge smile and looks to us for approval. She REALLY seems to like it.
 
Thanks for visiting this week.  Leave me a comment if you visit, I would love to return the visit!



8 comments:

Dawn said...

your little girl is so sweet!! Great pictures!

Jules said...

Little Valentine Cupid is so cute! And what a fab idea the 60 years of memories envelopes!

Cami said...

I love the 60 years of memories idea. She's treasure that! My sweetheart didn't get me a card either, but he was sick. But he didn't make up for it afterwards. Love the hydrangea! Beautiful choice.

Tina said...

what a cute baby you got there. Stopped by the PL blog hop - cool week in photos and I am sure that your mom will treasure those envies but even more so - the effort that was put into that.

Cool blog - lets keep in touch.

if you have a chance stop by and see my PL layout - have a great week.

tina-mommy scraps alot

The Wallace Family said...

Wow what sweet pictures! That baby girl is just a doll:) Great pictures for the week.

Alison said...

Great idea for a 60th Birthday present...and how cute is Maddie with her angel wings!?
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun week. Love the 5 month photo.

Julie said...

Your little girls is precious!! And what a precious gift for your mom. I bet she loved it!