Friday, January 27, 2012

Project Life 2012 Week 2



I'm a little behind in posting my POTD due to the LOAD challenge over at Let's Scrap. I'm going to try to catch up soon! 

Welcome to Project Life 2012! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay awhile. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to new baby Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins who has put together a wonderful kit to make this challenge easier.

I am using the digital Cobalt kit, find it at http://www.beckyhiggins.com/blog/2011/10/new-product-has-arrived/ This digital version uses Shutterfly and is SUPER easy to use! I began Project Life in 2010 and while I managed to photograph and journal every day, I have not yet finished the album (in fact, I only completed pages through February). In 2011 I also did a great job with photographing each day, but I still didn’t have anything in the album, so I decided to go the digital route. I completed my entire 2011 album using Becky’s digital Clementine album in the first two weeks of January this year. It was so easy that I am determined to complete 2012 before the New Year rings! 2011 was a big year for me as I was pregnant and had our first baby. I love all the journaling I was able to include. To see a few of my 2011 layouts check out: http://scraplifterdesigns.blogspot.com/2012/01/potd-2011-week-36-37-38-39-40-41-42.html and http://scraplifterdesigns.blogspot.com/2012/01/potd-week-1-2-3-4-5-48-49-50-51-52-load.html

Don't worry, I'm not leaving traditional scrapbooking behind. This just gives me the opportunity to focus my scrapbooking on new baby, vacations and things that are important to me right now and not get all bogged down with every birthday, dinner, and holiday that comes along.


Each Tuesday, I will post my pictures/journaling from the previous week. Project Life Tuesday was created by Jessica Turner over at The Mom Creative and she hosts a linky for readers to link up their pictures. So if you want to join in or want to see others POTW, just click the Project Lift button at the top of this post.


I love creating scrapbooks with a POTD (Picture of the Day). I think it's a great way to get in all those little life moments that otherwise might not make it into an album. Of course, with a new baby, I know most days are going to be photos of her; but I'm ok with that.


Here are my photos for the week!

Sunday - Juan took this picture of Maddie and said it was the character from the movie the 5th Element as a baby!

We dropped Maddie off with Nana and headed to church,a movie, and lunch. Nice little break and Maddie had fun with Nana!

Monday - Maria is currently taking care of Maddie during the day while Juan and I are away at work. She arrives at our house around 6am. I've worked it out with ccrd so that I leave at 2:30pm each day. That way I can be home by 3pm, Maria can make it home to Oak Cliff before traffic, and best of all, I have about 3 hours with Maddie each day to play before she goes to bed. Then I work a couple of hours after she goes to bed if I need to catch up. So far, this has worked fabulous. I LOVE having her watched in our house by a loving Grandma. I am never worried about her safety and so far she hasn't even caught a cold!

Tuesday - Maddie seems to always find a way to pull up her shirt. I think she loves having a bare belly. She is almost too big for her bouncer.

Wednesday - I read that this week a play game is to shine a flashlight across the ceiling and let the baby watch it. It said that this was a good game before bed to calm them down. Juan used his I-phone and hung a big pink jewel on a wire and was making all sorts of shapes on the wall like a disco ball.  Maddie was completely enthralled.  He has done this for about 4 nights in a row. The third night he didn't do it because he thought the shadows on the wall might be scaring her, but she kept looking up at the wall and behind her when we were getting her ready for bed as if she was looking for the shadows.


Thursday - Maddie has been fussy the past couple of afternoons, is drooling a LOT and sucking on her hands; but she won't put anything else in her mouth. We have debated if she could be teething already, but I think it is still too early for that. She also doesn't really hold anything unless you put it in her hand. We played for almost an hour today trying to get her to hold and put in her mouth two different teethers, Sophie the Giraffe and her frog. I finally got her to hold them and she put them to her mouth, but couldn't seem to manuver them into her mouth. She sort of just licked them when she could ready them. LOL!

Friday - Juan tried to go get his hair cut this afternoon, but Tu couldn't work him in so he bought a shaver and asked me to do it. WOW, now that is trust; Juan is very particular about his hair.  He said I did a really good job and he was impressed.  (Of course about a week and a half later he went back to Tu, so I'm not sure that he really liked it.)

Saturday - We have really begun to use the bumbo this week. She only will sit in for about 5 minutes at a time, but it is a good position to read her books. I really think she follows the words when I read and she even tries to turn the page.  Look at that focus!

Thanks for visiting me!

No comments: