Thursday, November 3, 2011

Project Life - Week 42





Welcome to Project Life Tuesday 2011! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay awhile. I'm Jessica and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins.

Each Tuesday, I will post my pictures/journaling from the previous week. Project Life Tuesday was created by Jessica Turner over at The Mom Creative and she hosts a linky for readers to link up their pictures. So if you want to join in or want to see others POTW, just click the Project Lift button at the top of this post.


And finally, my POTW:

Saturday - This is Madalynne's 1 month photo. Look at those little boots! I can't believe she is a month old.

Sunday - We went to the Arboretum today to get a bit of fresh air. Juan snapped this photo of Maddie and I in front of the waterfall. She loves being outside. She slept so peacefully the entire time!

Monday - We also went to Maddie's 1 month pediatrician appointment today. She now weighs 7lbs 9oz, where head is 14.5" in circumference and her length is about 21-1/4". They measured her length wrong at 24.5" and then again at 20.25"; but Juan and I double checked and they mis-read her length. 20.25" is the same as two weeks ago and I KNOW she has grown significantly in length. She is still in the 10 percentile for weight but in the 50 percentile for length and head circumference. Dr. Hubbard said she is gaining weight well. She should gain 1 lb per month and she gained 1 lb in the last three weeks. She also told us if we feel Maddie is not getting full, to offer her formula after breast feeding to see. She told us to begin to let Maddie sleep through the night as long as she wants and not wake her for feedings. She did tell us to continue to wake her every 2-3 hours during the day for feedings. That disappointed me, but Dr. H said they eat every 3 hours for the rest of their lives...consider a toddler who eats breakfast, a snack, lunch, a snack and dinner before bed. She also said that waking her will help her keep her days and nights straight. My hunch is that we will still be waking every 3 hours or so at night. She doesn't seem to sleep in long stretches. She also told me that a glass of wine a day while breastfeeding is perfectly fine, YEAH!!! I am still struggling and she reiterated that it was normal; newborns are HARD work, especially if you have one who cries a lot like Maddie. She told us her crying could be gas issues, or could just be fussiness, colic, irritable, over-sensitive, etc. whatever name you want to call it. She said we could continue to give her the gas drops 4 times a day, or try a dropper of camomille tea, gripe water, or baby probiotics. She said nothing is gaurenteed to help, but different babies respond to different things. She also told us that her belly button is a little hernia and it will go away, but it will be that way until probably 3-4 years of age. She said it was nothing to worry about and that she wouldn't need surgery for it and it wouldn't be an outie. Juan asked about her catywhompus eye and she said that was still normal at this age and the little red spot on her right eyelid is a little birthmark that will also go away eventually.


Tuesday - Dr. Farrow delivered little Maddie. She's been our OB since our first miscarriage and seen us through it all. She is a great doctor.

Wednesday - Using the breast pump is not only time consuming, but has a million pieces. Since I am currently pumping every 4-5 hours, each piece must be cleaned between every pump session so this is a constant site of our countertop.

Thursday - My dad made me and my sister matching doll beds for our cabbage patch kids when we were little. I dug it out to see if Maddie would fit on it. She did, but just barely. I wish I would have thought to put her on it when she first came home. She's my real life cabbage patch doll!

Friday - Between pumping and feeding, our drying rack is constantly full of bottles and lids. The Tommy Tippee are Maddie's bottles and the other are the Medela bottles that I use for pumping.

Thanks for visiting this week!




2 comments:

Carolina said...

Love having a peek at how your cutie pie is growing! I especially love Thursday's pics. Sooooo cute!

bakscrap said...

Seems like yesterday my counter looked the same. Enjoy this time as it flys by so quickly!