Saturday, October 1, 2011

Project Life Tuesday - Week 37




Welcome to Project Life Tuesday 2011! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay awhile. I'm Jessica and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins who has put together a wonderful kit to make this challenge easier.


Don't worry, I'm not leaving traditional scrapbooking behind. This just gives me the opportunity to focus my scrapbooking on trips and things that are important to me right now and not get all bogged down with every birthday, dinner, and holiday that comes along.


Each Tuesday, I will post my pictures/journaling from the previous week. Project Life Tuesday was created by Jessica Turner over at The Mom Creative and she hosts a linky for readers to link up their pictures. So if you want to join in or want to see others POTW, just click the Project Lift button at the top of this post.


And finally, my POTW:


Saturday - I spent the day finishing more thank you cards for all the wonderful baby gifts we have received.  I'm pretty sure I am going to need to make more. We have been very blessed by our wonderful friends and family!
 
Sunday - My hubby naps more than anyone I know....but what cracks me up is that he is constantly stealing my body pillow for his naps. He loves it and probably uses it more than I do!

Monday - This humidifier has become a life saver over the course of my pregnancy. With my allergies and aesthma, I have become increasing more conjested and using the humidifier nightly seems to help.


Tuesday - We broke the Dallas, Tx record today for most days over 100 degrees at 70 days today. The previous record was set back in 1980 at 69 days.  Although 1980 still holds the record for most days over 105 degrees, this year is officially the hottest summer on record....oh what a great time to be 9 months pregnant!

Wednesday - Today I am officially 36 weeks pregnant! Our baby is gaining about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy hair that covered her body, as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Next week, our baby will be considered full-term. She's already in a head-down position. Last night I had tremendous pain up in my ribs. It continued for about three hours. I've heard of the baby sticking her little foot in your ribs, so maybe that's all it was. Weight 252.0 lbs and I have gained 34 lbs over the course of this pregnancy. We still do not have a bag packed for the hospital and her room is not complete, nor do we have a carseat....so much to do still.

Thursday - SURPRISE!!! Madalynne Grace decided to come a little early, almost 4 weeks early. I went in to the ER last night at 1:15am with the same rib pains I had the night before. We definitely did not intend to have a baby, nor did we even take a bag. My pain was from PIH (pregnancy induced hypertension) and it was severe enough that both my OBGYN and my Maternal Fetal Medicine doctor agreed we needed to induce. I was put on Magnesium as they induced, which was miserable, and everyone assumed I would need a C-section.  I ended up not needing the C-section, although it was a long day. I was in labor for about 8 hours and Madalynne arrived at 5:03pm, 5lbs-12oz, and was 18" long.  She did marvelous and didn't even need oxygen.  I on the other hand still had high blood pressure and high liver enzymes and had to stay on the magnesium for another 24 hours after delivery.


Friday - Maddie is doing great, although my day was a bit miserable as I was still on magnesium all day. I haven't ate since 8pm Wednesday evening and I am still not even allowed out of bed.  This evening they finally stopped the magnesium at 3:15pm and I was finally allowed to shower! Hopefully I will feel more like myself very quickly.

Thanks so much for visiting this week! It's been a crazy one.


1 comment:

Megan said...

Congratulations! I had a very similar experience with my son's birth 4 years ago. He was born at 33 weeks with an emergency c-section, but the reasons were all the same as yours. Such a crazy way to have your first baby, but I'm glad everything turned out well!