Monday, August 15, 2011

Project Life Tuesday - Week 31





Welcome to Project Life Tuesday 2011! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay awhile. I'm Jessica and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins who has put together a wonderful kit to make this challenge easier.
Don't worry, I'm not leaving traditional scrapbooking behind. This just gives me the opportunity to focus my scrapbooking on trips and things that are important to me right now and not get all bogged down with every birthday, dinner, and holiday that comes along.
Each Tuesday, I will post my pictures/journaling from the previous week. Project Life Tuesday was created by Jessica Turner over at The Mom Creative and she hosts a linky for readers to link up their pictures. So if you want to join in or want to see others POTW, just click the Project Lift button at the top of this post.
And finally, my POTW:

Saturday: I threw my friend, Angie, a baby shower for their new addition, Kayla.  They are adopting her, so she was quite the surprise.  Kayla was the most adorable thing every in her little outfit.  The theme was baby clothes. I decorated with baby clothes on clothes lines strung around the room, the games were all diaper related, the advice clothes line had little onesies precut, the plates and napkins had little clothes lines and baby clothes on them, the prizes were lingerie bags and wrinkle remover/tide pens, and the favors were single load samples of tide and downey packets.  I think it went well, although I could NOT have done it without my sister helping me set everything up!  Thanks Vanessa! 


Sunday:  I came home from Tulsa today to find the house spotless and flowers awaiting me.  Juan is so sweet, he said that he got two colors, one for me and one for Coco!  They were quite gorgeous.


Monday:  I finished the banner I was making for Madalynne's room.  It has about seven layers and each had to be hand cut with my Grand Calibur.  I really like how it turned out and can't wait to hang it in her room.


Tuesday:  It has been SOOOO hot already this summer.  We are literally breaking records everyday.  108 to 110 is normal everyday.  We are well on our way to breaking the all-time record for number of days over 100 degrees. Update: we missed the record by 1 day with a total of 41 days above 100.  We only had 2 days of respite and we are back on the record train.

Wednesday:  I am officially 30 weeks pregnant today!  Weight - 237.9 lbs.  I seemed to have gained over 4 lbs this past week.  :(  Our baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in my uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. This week I have definitely become uncomfortable. My back seems to constantly ache and it is hard to get up and down.

Thursday:  Today was another doctor appointment with our OBGYN.  We have progressed to appointments every two weeks from this point forward.  Stats: blood pressure 128/70, weight 239.9 lbs.  Although we had just had lunch, I was still surprised to see my weight.  That means I gained 7.8 lbs in TWO weeks!!!!  I know my last appointment was under weight as I had not eaten for my glucose test, but that still seemed like a lot!  When I asked my doctor about it she said that was a lot and I really needed to try and watch the weight gain.  The sad thing is, I haven't changed my eating habits at all.  They haven't been perfect, but for the most part no cookies, candy, etc.  That bummed me out.


Friday:  Juan brought home an outfit for Madalynne.  He bought it at the little french store in Northpark.  He was barely able to contain himself from buying matching shoes and hat.  He cracks me up.  It is a sweet outfit though.

Thanks for visting me and peaking into our current week.  I hope your week was as eventful!


No comments: