Sunday, July 31, 2011

Project Life Tuesday - Week 29




Welcome to Project Life Tuesday 2011! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay awhile. I'm Jessica and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins who has put together a wonderful kit to make this challenge easier.

Don't worry, I'm not leaving traditional scrapbooking behind. This just gives me the opportunity to focus my scrapbooking on trips and things that are important to me right now and not get all bogged down with every birthday, dinner, and holiday that comes along.

Each Tuesday, I will post my pictures/journaling from the previous week. Project Life Tuesday was created by Jessica Turner over at The Mom Creative and she hosts a linky for readers to link up their pictures. So if you want to join in or want to see others POTW, just click the Project Lift button at the top of this post.


And finally, my POTW:

Saturday - We finally registered for Coco!   Juan wanted to do in in about 30 minutes and totally drove me crazy!  I really didn't know what I was doing and wanted to take my time; but Juan just wanted to "hurry up and pick something".  Needless to say, I finally decided to just let him register for the items he wanted to and decided I would come back later with my sister and "fix" the registry.  We started at Babies R Us and that took us about and hour and a half, then off to Buy, Buy Baby which took us under an hour and then we finished off at Pottery Barn just to do our final bedding information update.  It still was a huge accomplishment and took us most of the day.
 
Sunday - I am throwing a baby shower for my friend, Angie, next weekend.  I wanted to make her a diaper cake, but had never made one; so my mom came over to help me make my first diaper cake!  It went together fairly easily and I am happy with how it turned out.  Thanks for the help, Mom!

Monday - We've been looking for a coffee table and rug for our living room since we started renovating.  The coffee table that I really wanted was at Crate & Barrel, but it was out of our price range.  When I found this trunk/rug combination at Pier 1 for about 1/5th the price, I knew it was perfect.  The size is right and the rug helps blend  all of our living room colors together.

Tuesday - Vanessa went with me this evening to "fix" our registry.  She was a HUGE help and we were at Babies R Us for almost 4 hours!  We went through everything on our registry and I feel SOOOO much better about it.  I was amazed at all the stuff we hadn't put on it and all the stuff we picked that we didn't need or needed something different.  Thanks, Vanessa!

Wednesday - Today I am 28 weeks pregnant!  I am very concerned with my weight increase this week. I seem to be skyrocketing and I am nervous that it's justational diebetes. I am 235 lbs today. My next doctors appointment is tomorrow and the big test day. Our baby weighs two and a quarter pounds, like a Chinese cabbage, and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can open and close her eyes, which now sport lashes. This movement is more of a reflexive blink than a deliberate openeing and closing, but it won't be long before she's batting those eyes at us!


Thursday - Today was our next doctor's appointment.  This is Dr. Farrow and we are extremely happy with her.  My weight this morning was 233.8 lbs. I also broke out bad again this morning on my feet, hands, and arms. They drew my blood for the glucose screening test, after I drank my orange liquid. My blood pressure was good at 120/72. I won't get my glucose results until tomorrow; but when I expressed concern to Dr. Farrow about my weight gain this week, she said that I hadn't gained ANYTHING in the last month based on their records and had only gained 10 lbs since my first appointment. That made me feel a lot better. At the doctor's my weight was 232.1 (with clothes on) which was no gain from last month. Yeah!

Friday - The nurse called from my OB this afternoon and my glucose test was negative!!!!  I don't even have to take the 3 hour test. YEAH!!!!  She said the protein levels in my urine were fine and everything looked great.  YIPPEEEEEE!!!!!  I was really worried about that.  I celebrated by going to Eatzi's with Danna for a delicious spinach salad with lots of veggies.

Thanks for visiting me this week! I hope you had a terrific week! 






No comments: