Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Project Life Tuesday - Week 9






 
Welcome to Project Life Tuesday 2011! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay awhile. I'm Jessica and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins who has put together a wonderful kit to make this challenge easier.
Don't worry, I'm not leaving traditional scrapbooking behind. This just gives me the opportunity to focus my scrapbooking on trips and things that are important to me right now and not get all bogged down with every birthday, dinner, and holiday that comes along.

Each Tuesday, I will post my pictures/journaling from the previous week. Project Life Tuesday was created by Jessica Turner over at The Mom Creative and she hosts a linky for readers to link up their pictures. So if you want to join in or want to see others POTW, just click the Project Lift button at the top of this post.  I know I'm a day late this week, but I still wanted to post.

And finally, my POTW:
Saturday - Yes, this is my darling husband in an all-girl nail salon getting a pedicure!  I was on couch-rest for the pregnancy so Juan took our niece's daughter, Cassie, to get pedicures.  She had never had one and I think they both had a pretty good time!

Sunday - Today was Sandra Miller's baby shower.  She is the adorable wife of a dear co-worker.  They have had lots of trouble conceiving and we are all super excited that there little girl will be arriving soon!  I got them the mobile for their crib and some adorable little onsies - purple of course..... why purple?  K-State of course.  Sandra's husband also attended K-State.  Congrats Millers!

Monday - I arrived home to find multiple boxes of goodies in the mail!  Look at all the yummy candy I won! The top is from Kathy for the Power of Words Resolution during the Let's Scrap Blog Hop last month and the bottom is from Cheri at Let's Scrap for the card sketch challenge that I won in January for my Christmas card!  YUMMY and a special thanks to both Kathy and Cheri.  I can't wait to play with my new goodies.

Tuesday - We went to dinner tonight at Gloria's to celebrate Juan's father, Alfonso's, birthday.  The food was amazing and we really enjoyed seeing everyone and catching up!  Happy Birthday Alfonso!

Wednesday - I am 8 weeks pregnant today, our baby is the size of a raspberry!  This shirt is terrible and REALLY makes me look pregnant.  I swear I am not showing yet!  Pregnancy stats: 221.4 lbs and still nauseous and tired, otherwise everything appears to be on schedule.

Thursday - My office decided to get out of the cell phone game and just provide us with a stipend for cell phone service.  Since Juan has been complaining since the day he switched to Sprint and HATES his Palm Pre; we thought it was the perfect time to switch cell phone services.  He desperately wanted an I-Phone so we paid to cancel his contract with Sprint and went with the family plan at Verizon.  I was not planning on getting the I-Phone, but Juan and the salesman sort of talked me into it.  I still hate the keyboard screen for texting, but I do like a lot of the I-phone apps.  Juan loves his so that is awesome!  I got a pink cover...of course!

Friday - Mom bought Elfa shelving for her garage when it was on sale in February and asked us to come over and help her install it.  The plan was for tomorrow, but Juan decided to go visit his brother in San Antonio, so we went after work this evening.  Juan is VERY protective of me and did not want me to lift ANYTHING. In fact, he was a little on the extreme side; but I understand.  It only took us a couple of hours to get it all hung and the drawers installed.  Mom was super excited and since Vanessa was there with the kids, we got to play with Jakob a bit, although he REALLY wanted to help Tio!  Thanks Juan, you're the best!

Hope you had a fabulous week and thanks for stopping by to visit!

No comments: