Monday, October 11, 2010

10.04.10 Canstruction Circles

Our Canstruction team at work asked if I had a circle punch today.  Canstruction is an annual event where teams from Dallas architecture, engineering and other design-related firms compete to design and build giant structures made entirely out of canned foods. It takes 8-12 weeks and thousands of cans of food to create a structure.
The results are displayed to the public as magnificent sculpture exhibits in Northpark Shopping Center. The public is invited to donate canned food at the time of the exhibition. At the close of the exhibitions all of the canned food used in the structures is donated to local food banks for distribution to emergency feeding programs that include pantries, soup kitchens, elderly and day care centers.

Back to the circles.... do I have a circle punch.... well I have a cricut.. what color size and quantity of circles do you need?  To my surprise, they needed 700!!!  When, do I ask?  This weekend...but I'm leaving town Wednesday morning so I got to cut 700 circles this evening.

No comments: