Sunday, June 20, 2010

06.15.10 Earthquake Hits


At about 9:20pm this evening I was drifting in and out of sleep while Juan was editing photos on his laptop.  All of the sudden he asked if I felt that.  I replied, "What?" and he said, "That was an earthquake!"  I said no way and turned on the tv.  To my surprise they were already showing the seismograph chart and talking to people at the epicenter.  Apparently it was a 5.7 along the Mexico border and we could feel the rolling motion where we were at.  Juan said his head was bobbling.  What was scary was that for the next hour or so there were 18 more aftershocks.  No one knew if there was going to be a big one, or why we were continuing to have so many aftershocks.  We were on the 2nd floor of the 4 story hotel and definitely ready to go home!

No comments: