Sunday, April 18, 2010

04.09.10 Road Trip Exhaustion

This photo was taken at about 5am Saturday morning, but was the result of the Friday night craziness, so I am using it for my Friday POTD.  Juan and I were up until about midnight packing and preparing for our wine country trip with Mom and Vanessa.  We only booked one night at the bed and breakfast, to save money, so we were driving to Fredricksberg EARLY Saturday morning. We wanted to be at the first winery when they opened at 10am, and it is about a 5-1/2 hour drive.  When our alarm went off at 3am I really didn't think I'd be able to crawl out of bed....but I did.  We were on our way to pick up Vanessa by 4:05am and at Mom's house by 4:30.  By 5am we were off!  Mom took the first driving shift, with Vanessa as her co-pilot to keep her awake.  Juan and I slept in the backseat for the first 1/2 of the drive.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Its much later than 5am, look at that sun! It was at least 7:30, probably 8! =)