Wednesday, June 10, 2020

New Layout - Monotony

It's already hump day! Wash...rinse.....repeat, the days are blurring together. I heard someone say the other day - there are no longer days of the week; just "yesterday," "today," and "tomorrow." I agree 100%.

I'm trying to weave in scrapping more recent events along with my random catch up from years past. I want to capture these memories while they are happening and journal these important stories. This year my scrap books look very different than years past. Pulling out the joy and documenting the touch times are extremely important to me.


This is a layout from about two weeks ago, another long empty afternoon where our fun family activities like the Arboretum, the Dallas Zoo, the Perot, mini-golf, etc. were out of the question due to quarentine. What better time to teach our daughter to play the full version Monopoly? She has Youth Monopoly, but she wated to learn the "real" game. I'll admit, this layout had a little to do with the desire to teach her the longest game in the history of board games. We spent the next 4 hours playing Monopoly with her for the first time. She loved it and ended up winning the entire game. It was awesome watching her calculate "change" in her head and do the math herself. I sometimes forget that she's only 8 years old. She's so wise beyond her years, but still such a little kid; an amazing mixture.

I played along wtih Paper Issues 52 Friday Favorites. I documented a layout of our favorite thing from our week. Scrapping current photos and activites in the here and now.  

I used a kit from Paper Wiz and added stamps/ink from CTMH and Photo Play and a journaling block from Recollections.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: