Saturday, May 30, 2020

New Layout - Lovely Spring

Happy Weekend all!  What month are we in? I've not only lost track of days, but weeks and months at this point.


I completed this layout today of our COVID backyard time. When you're isolated together in Texas, what else is there to do but hang out in your backyard! That is now our daily routine, usually with a picnic snack and a glass/bottle of wine. We have birds, butterflies, lizards, bees, dragonflies, etc. that love to share our wonderful space. We often play imagination clouds and try to "see" things in the clouds. I wanted to scrap this right away to make sure these memories get documented.

I played along with CSI Case File No. 319:

To solve the case, I used thecolor scheme and used white background tih grey, pink, red and teal colors mixed in. I didn't stay completely true to the colors as there is some yellow and green mixed in on my page. For evidence, I used wonky dots (the epoxy puffy circles on the left), cutesy elements in my background pattern paper, animals (bees, turtles, butterflies, and birds), clouds (stickers and paper), flowers and leaves (in the paper), fruit, veggies and other food (in my photos), lots of stamping, enamel dots, a banner (title), and mixing cursive with print fonts (the hello sunshine sticker). For testimony I documented a weekly/daily routing of hanging out in our backyard now that COVID has required self isolation.

I also played along with Paper Issues Alphabet Soup - 26 Days of Alphabet inspired challenges. Today I used "L". L is for lovely, loves, laughing, lines, and leaves.

To complete this layout I used: a paper kit from EmbellishIt, paper from Echo Park and Bazzill, puffy stickers from AC, stickers from Echo Park, ink and Stamps from CTMH and PhotoPlay and misc. twine from my stash.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: