Friday, October 23, 2020

New Layout - Splash

Happy Friyay!











I'm finally beginning my scrappy weekend! Here is a layout of DD playing in the sprinkler! So cute.































I played along with the PI Birthday Party challenges. For the left side, I played with the Face Painting challenge. This challenge is to get messy! Grab any mixed media your heart desires. Water color, Gelatos, distress oxides, spray inks or whatever you choose. Show off your skills and make a design or make a mess! I used distressed oxide Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron and the smooshing technique. Then I used the Carta Bella Bat bones stencil with white embossing paste. The paste absorbed the green automatically. Then I added splatters with Faded Demin distress oxide. I also inked my date stamp at the top right. 






























For the right side I played with the Silly String challenge. This challenge is to grab your stash of fibers, strings, twine or ribbon and make it a prominent part of your page! I used fiber behind my title and ric-rack on my chipboard. 

I also played along with Bash Your Scrapbook Stash Bash-O. For the left side I covered my "Distressed Oxides" square. For the right side I covered my "texture Paste/Glaze" square. Here is a closeup of my inking/texture paste.

Materials used: paper piecing from Gototreasurebox, VB mixed media paper, distress oxides, Carta bella stencil, Echo Park stickers and journaling block, paper crimper, misc buttons, chipboard and fiber/ric rac from my stash.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: