Thursday, June 18, 2020

New Layout - Give Me a Brake...

Happy almost Friday,


I've been working on this layout for about 2 days now. I bought a bike during CoVID and encouraged my mom to do the same. Unfortunately, they were sold out all over town so my husband offered to loan her his. She tried it out, but it was too tall for her. She tried to ride just a little ways and then fell, instantly breaking her arm. Due to CoVID, I had to drop her off at the ER vestibule and wait for a call. 5 hours later I learned that she crushed her wrist and needed surgery to install a plate. That started a crazy ripple of specialty doctors, CoVID testing, a holiday, and lots of pain as the surgery continued to be delayed due to the backup of CoVID patients. What was recommended for surgery within 2-3 days took 6 days. I can't even imagine what the poor patients going through CoVID alone are dealing with. It is so sad.

I played along with some fun challenges for this layout. First, I played along with Paper Issues - Alphabet Soup; 26 Days of Alphabet challenges. X is for X-Ray!  

I also played along with Lasting Memories #501 Confetti. This challenge is to use mist/splatters, sequins, enamel dots, a shaker element, etc. to create some confetti on your layout.  I used actually confetti spread under the mesh on both sides. It's a little hard to see in the photo, so here's a close-up. It's sparkle confetti.


To create this layout I used a kit from GoToTreasureBox.com. I added stickers and thickers from Sticko, date stickers from 7Gypsies, a fussy cut bike from Paper Loft, number tags from DaisyDs, stamps and ink from CTMH, and a misc. journaling block from my stash.

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

oh NO!! Clever idea with the torn edges and twine! Also perfect medical accents! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories! ~Deanna :)