Friday, May 15, 2020

New Layout - Baking Traditions

Happy Weekend!



We have an annual baking tradition at Christmas that started back when I was a little girl. I am so thrilled to share that tradition with my own little girl. This layout was from our day of baking sugar cookies with a sweet, adorable little one!

I played along with a couple of challenges. First I played along with CSI Case File No. 320. Here is the scene and the cold case clues:

I started with the colors in the scene: red, teal, white, brown and some other brighter colors. I copied the scene and created a page with a little girl baking. For clues I used older papers that match some of the colors in teh scene, older striped papers, metal accent (baking brads), older kitchen or food themed products (3x4 cards), jewels, and stickers from Photo Play. For design clues I created a banner from different papers, I used a collage of photos at the bottom right, I used bright colors with muted shades (white) for contrast, and I stacked elements of stickers and alphas with pop-dots! So fun!

Next I played along with Paper Issues May challenge Mother Knows Best. I created a page with not only my mom documenting my childhood tradition of making sugar cookies at Christmas, but of myself and my mom with my own daughter keeping that tradition alive! 

I used materials from a Scrapbook Generations Photo Play kit, brads from eyelet outlet, stamps from CTMH and CocoDaisy, ink from CTMH, and misc. gems from my stash.

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: