Saturday, April 18, 2020

New Post - 3 Year Bday Dora

Happy day! I'm here to share another layout I completed this week. This one is of my DD 3rd birthday photos. She had a Dora the Explorer birthday party. What 3 year old does not love Dora?  We made foam backpacks for all of the party attendees and created an adventure course with a map. It was quite adorable. Maddie loves beanie babies, so of course she needed all of the Dora friends for decorations and playtime fun!  I made the Dora and friends cutouts from plywood that dear hubby cutout for me and I painted.  I ordered her skirt and shirt from Etsy - how perfect are they?

Just love this girl!


For this layout I played along with CSI Case File No. 315.  I solved the case by using the color scheme - bright yellow, tangerine, carnation pink, white, and a bit of pear green in her skirt! My evidence was stripes (the watercolor background paper is stripes and the yellow grid paper is stripes in two directions, floral patters - this part is hilarious because my page FEELS floral but there are technically no floral components so I'm not sure why it feels so flowery.  I also used butterflies, not quite birds, but they felt better with the layout. I used stitching at the date at the top and frames. My testimony was documenting something that happens at home. Maddie has EVERY birthday party at our home. No matter how much I try to convince her to have a Jump Street, Chucky Cheese, Altitude, or some other away location - she always wants it to be right at home. She loves the parties I plan for her and I love that it is so special to her! Finally, I was inspired by the word "Follow". The entire party was a parade of kids following the map quest and she loved having her beanie "friends" all lined up. Both these things led me to dig out the #lifeisajoyparade tag. Just perfect!

Here is the Case File - come play along!


Happy Crafting today!


No comments: