Sunday, February 9, 2020

New Layout - Harry Potter 8th Bday

Happy Sunday! Crazy week around here, but I did a little bit of scrapping. Dear Daughter's 8th birthday was a Harry Potter party. She was adament that the invitations (and everything else) be extremely accurate. I've included the invitation and the Platform 9-3/4 tickets we included in the invitations - that were delivered by OWL! Yes, we individually delivered each and every invitation! We made everything for the party, including the train and the robes/scarves for all attendees. Thanks to Nana, who sewed all the outfits!



I played along with CSI Case File #309 for this layout. I was inspired by the birdcage as it immediately made me think of these pictures. I didn't use the color scheme, but I mimic'ed the black throughout. For my "evidence" I used tone on tone and had gold throughout. I used stripes on the edge of the journaling block, and my photos included a bird cage and owl balloons. Finally, I used negative space with a cutout file for the harry potter verbiage and harry potter head on the right as well as white rub-ons. For the "testimony" I used my journaling as a big title - in fact, the journaling is my invitation and takes the place of a title/along with the platform ticket and envelope. Head over to CSI and play along!



Thanks for visiting!

No comments: