Monday, May 11, 2020

New Layout - All Star

Happy Monday from Texas, it's a beautiful day!


Yes, it is yet another soccer layout - number 129 probably.  :)  This one was from when Maddie was just 4 years old on team Bluebonnet. The top left photo string shows the most important thing about soccer when you are 4 years old..... running down the field holding your best friend's hand! They are running and laughing...... and then Coach Juan steps in and physically disconnects their hands.  Nothing like redirection, lol!  Also, I just realized the team we were playing was the Fireflies - Avery's team and her father was the coach. She is now on our Glitter Girls team, we didn't even know her back then - how funny.


For this layout I played along with More Than Words: May 2020 Main Challenge - Funny & Stripes. I hope the funny is obvious from my journaling and the story above. I used diagonal stripes on both pages. Such a fun challenge for the month.

I also played along with Paper Issues May Challenge - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.  It is all girls, all the time in this challenge this month! Since according to Cyndi Lauper, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, show us your pages featuring girls, girly colors, having fun, etc. What's better than a whole team of girls playing soccer and being silly?

I used a kit from Love and Creations Layouts and arrows from Me & My Big Ideas.

Happy Monday yall!  

7 comments:

Heather McMahon said...

Oh I love this! What a fab record of a special time in your daughter's life. Love that you add journalling too. Thanks for playing along with us at More Than Words :)

Cecy said...

I'm in love with the pictures!!! So cute!!! Is fantastic you're documenting everything! Thank you for join us at MTW and sharing that sweet moment! xoxo Cecilia

Dana Tatar said...

Great 2-pager! I miss watching my daughters play soccer. Hopefully we'll be back on the field soon. Thanks for sharing you work at More Than Words Challenges!

Linda Pekrul said...

Oh my gosh, that story was adorably funny! SO wonderful that you caught memories like this on camera and then highlighted them in your layout. Made my day! Thank you for sharing with us at More Than Words challenges.

Sarah Dorgere said...

It's adorable ❤️ your pages are so funny and creative.
Thank you for joining us at MTW this month

Daisy Ramsay said...

So beautiful creation!!!
Thank you so much for playing along with More Than Words

Empire of the Cat said...

Thanks for joining us at More Than Words ~ Elle xx