Saturday, April 27, 2013

Project Life - Week 16


Welcome to Project Life 2013! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to 1 year old Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins who has put together a wonderful kit to make this challenge easier.

I am using the digital kit on shutterfly (hopefully Olive once it has been released), find more info at http://www.beckyhiggins.com/blog. This digital version uses Shutterfly and is SUPER easy to use! See my completed pages for 2012 using the Shutterfly Cobalt kit HERE.


And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week):





Tuesday - Miriam came to visit. We haven't seen her since Thanksgiving, so it was time to exchange Christmas presents! Maddie was very excited to help Aunt Miri open her package. We talked for hours, it was so good to see her and catch up! Every night when I put Maddie to bed, we have a routine. We change her into her jam-jam's, brush her teeth, read her books, put her into her crib and sing songs - right now it is "itsy bitsy spider" aka "ibby" and "Jesus love the little children" aka "jee jee". Right now she loves the "Peek-A-Boo" books and Curious George or A Wocket in my Pocket.



Wednesday - Our large Iris is blooming even more! So gorgeous.






Thursday - Our butterfly/Hummingbird bush is starting to bloom. Juan was not happy with me when I pruned it a couple of months ago because her said it wouldn't bloom if we cut it. Thankfully he was quite wrong and it is blooming beautifully. Also our broccoli and blackberry bush are starting to bloom!





Friday - Juan fixed the little bird house that the dogs destroyed and hung it in our front tree today. Maddie was right there on the ladder to "help". She is so loving and gives everyone kisses all the time. Today I was given a kiss, right from the top of the ladder. Then Daddy threw Maddie over his shoulder and took off running with her. She was screaming and laughing concurrently.


Saturday - Nana came over to visit today and played horsie with Maddie. They also painted and read quite a few books. It gave me a chance to get a few things made for Sarah's shower tomorrow.














Sunday - Today Abby, Janet, Danna and I threw Sarah a baby shower. I hosted at our house. Sarah's baby room has a decal of forest creatures so we threw her a "Camp Baby Kuchera" shower. There were lots of camping signs and we decorated with stuffed critters, bird houses, and mason jars with baby's breath. I made a camping banner and a mini to accompany it. I also wrapped water bottles with labels and tied twine around them. There were name tags and lots of camping critter printables for the table decorations. For food we had chicken salad sandwiches, a chocolate fountain with graham crackers, fruit and marshmallows, ants on a log, trail mix, punch, lemonade, and of course a cake (bundt cake). We also hung lots of clothes line around the house and strung baby boy clothes for the Mommy to Be to take home. The favors were animal crackers in a picnic basket. It all turned out great and we had 12 guest in total. Congratulations Sarah!



Monday - Today I purged all of Maddie's toys and these are the ones we are giving to Goodwill. She has either outgrown or doesn't play with these anymore. Also today I learned Maddie knows all but 5 of her alphabet letters. She has a wooden alphabet puzzle and I handed her a puzzle piece and said, "what letter is this?" She said "O" and then put the letter in the puzzle. I handed her another piece and said, "what letter is this?" She said "T" and then put the letter in the puzzle. I was stunned when she proceeded to tell me every letter of the alphabet except for 5. She got stuck on F, G, X, W, and H. She is brilliant! :)

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: